Frequently Asked Questions

Home / More Information / FAQ - Diploma Courses
FAQ's and Answers for our classroom and solo training courses

Before Training Questions >     After Training Questions >

We have compiled the top ten frequently asked questions which students have asked before and after a training course (and this also includes some general questions about training courses). We hope that this will be of use to all students who are either considering booking a course with us, or have just booked a course on-line. We try at all times to make our training courses as easy-to-follow as possible so that each person's experience of training is a pleasant and productive one.


Before training FAQ's

  • Are your Diploma course suitable for beginners?

    Yes they are! Most of our courses are suitable for both beginners as well as experienced and practicing therapists. We don't assume that you have any pre-existing knowledge and we tell you (and show you) everything you need to know. However, some courses do require you to have prior experience or qualifications. Please refer to the appropriate course detail page for details of these requirements.

  • Who accredits your diploma courses?
    IGCT (International Guild of Complementary Therapists), Beauty Guild and IICT (International Institute of Complementary Therapists).
  • Which companies offer me insurance with your Diploma?
    Many choices from reputable industry recognised insurers including:
    Westminster Insurance, Wellbeing Insurance, Towergate Insurance, Beauty Guild.
  • Will this Diploma allow me to practice professionally?
    Yes, all of our Diploma and Certificate courses are suitable for professional practice. And once you have acquired insurance cover our qualifications allow you to offer treatments from your home, from your salon or as a mobile therapist and charge for this service.
  • Do I need to bring along my own massage model?
    You do not require a massage model when attending our classroom courses as students work upon one another. You do need to provide a massage model when attending a solo training course.
  • Is there time to learn all of the techniques in only 1 or 2 days?

    Yes of course. Our classes are small (between 2-6 participants) and so you'll receive focused guidance and individual attention from our teacher. You will also be taught a complete therapy treatment routine for delivering to your clients. And if you attend class or solo training you will also experience the treatment techniques demonstrated/practiced upon yourself and better understand how amazing and effective the treatment can be.

  • Will I learn everything I need?

    You will learn the same practical skills as with a longer course but you'll need to practice the treatment routine upon friends and family, using your manual and (where available) our on-line tutorial videos for further assistance after your practical training in order to perfect the techniques.

  • Can I come back and refresh my memory of practical skills?

    You're always welcome to return and attend only the practical training again. This is known as a refresher course and allows you to brush up on the techniques you have learned with us. Refresher courses are only available to students who have previously completed their course with us, and substantial discounts are offered.

  • Are your Diploma courses the same as an NVQ level 3 course?

    No, this is a Diploma course. Diploma courses are also known as ‘short courses’ or ‘fast-track training’. However, the treatment techniques you'll learn are similar, and in some cases more extensive than on a level 3 course.

  • Do I need a level 3 qualification?
    No, you don't need a level 3 qualification in order to deliver this therapy professionally. However, some employers and some Borough Councils may specify a level 3 qualification as a requirement. Always check with your potential employer before undertaking a shot Diploma course to ensure that it is suitable for your requirements.
  • Do I need to have insurance before doing any of the courses?
    There is no need to have insurance cover in place to learn a complementary therapy, only to practice it professionally. If you wish to practice professionally it is necessary to have insurance in place.
  • What do I need to bring along to a training course?
    This will vary according to what course you are doing. Speak with our friendly admin team for more information.
  • What can I do if I need to cancel my booking or reschedule my training date?
    Please see our Terms and Conditions for available options.

After Training Top 10 questions
  • Do I get a qualification after I finish my training?

    Once you have successfully passed both the theory test (if applicable) and practical training Therapy Training School will award your qualification. This will usually be posted to you within 5-7 working days.

  • Can I work anywhere in the UK with this qualification?

    Yes: If you want to work as a self-employed therapist from your own home premises or as a travelling therapist who makes home visits to clients. If however you want to work in a high street spa or salon you may be required to have a College qualification. Colleges offer longer courses (a year or more) and award ITEC, NVQ or VTCT qualifications. It's your responsibility to research which type of qualification you need.

  • I want to work abroad once I have trained and qualified in a number of different therapies. Will my diplomas be recognised around the world?

    Many countries around the world have very specific regulations about qualifications required for working there. In some countries an employer cannot offer you work unless you have a specific qualification and in some you cannot get insurance to work without having specific qualifications.

    These safety protocols vary enormously from country to country, making it an impossible task to create one qualification which is accepted world-wide. The best that you can do is to ask the Embassy of the country that you intend to work in what are the requirements of that country.

  • What does my qualification entitle me to do?

    Our TTS Diplomas allow you to practice the therapy professionally, though you must source your own insurance before being able to deliver treatments. The Diploma and course work do not qualify students to teach the therapy themselves. Other qualifications such as VRQ & NVQ provide other employment opportunities. It is your own responsibility to research this yourself before booking a course in order to ascertain the suitability of the course and qualification offered.

  • I would like to train with Therapy Training School in Swedish full-body massage and then train with another company in Sports Massage. Will this qualification let me train with another company?

    Unfortunately we have no knowledge of, or control over, the requirements of other training companies or organisations. It is the responsibility of the student to check this out before booking on any of our courses to ensure that they are suitable for developmental training with another company.

  • Where can I obtain insurance to practice where relevant?

    Information on insurance options is available at our website. As we are constantly researching the most comprehensive cover offered at the least expensive prices, please e-mail us for the most up-to-date information on insurance cover if you do not see an option which is suitable for you.

  • Can your courses be added to my existing insurance cover?

    This depends on your insurance provider. Complementary therapy organisations often offer their own insurance policies to members. If you are already insured with an organisation it is wise to ask them if their cover can be extended to include our courses. Do this before booking a course as you cannot be re-imbursed for training costs after you have clicked on the link to receive your manual.

  • What if I have questions after the course is complete?

    Any student who has completed a training course at Therapy Training School can ask questions via e-mail after the course is complete.

  • Do I need to complete case studies after the course is finished?

    No you do not.

  • It is not convenient for me to travel very often. What options do I have if I want to do further studies?

    Virtual training and home learning course options are the way to go.